Monday, July 27, 2009

What a Day...

Last night, may have been the most awful night ever. I may have gotten three solid hours of sleep. All I could think about was: what if a roach crawls on my bed? what if they're IN my bed? I had an awful dream that there were three of them hiding under my pillow. I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. I held it for two hours, because I was terrified that if I went into the bathroom I'd turn on the light and a roach would scatter across the floor. So when 6:30am came, I was exhausted. Paul woke up with me and did a thorough search of the house to make sure that there was nothing that would make me lose control of my bladder.

He's such an amazing husband. I went to pick up my Ashley yesterday, who I hadn't seen in a MONTH, and while I was gone, Paul cleaned under both the couches, the stove and the washer and dryer. He only found two, and they were under the washer...thank God.

So I babysat Robin today for the first time. She's a 3 1/2 year old Dora the Explorer look alike. She acts like her too. She doesn't find much joy in doing creative thins like coloring, or making crafts. She loves to play cars and be outside with Jacob and the dog.

And after she left, and every ounce of energy I had was exhausted, I sat in front of the door and waited for the Orkin man to show up. His timeframe was between 1 and 5pm. It was 5:30. I was freaking out. "Please God don't make me have another night of no sleep." So I called, and THANK GOD I did, because they had forgotten about me. Nice save. I learned from Tony, my new best friend, that the roaches that are in our house are not the bad roaches. These ones are outside dwellers, they don't come in to eat our food, they just find their way in through cracks. He said they call them 'water bugs.' And since we're blessed with an inlet to the ocean behind our house, that's why they're here. Well, at least they're not the "German roaches." Those are the ones that swarm in your cupboards and you find them in your food.

Tony tells me that we've got a few places in our house need sealed off, and that we should definitely NOT move to base housing because,he said,they're even worse. Yay. So if I don't seal off my crawl space better the rats will get in in winter. Never in my life have I dealt with this kind of crap. Grr. Oh well, at least now we're golden. We might see a few, but it'll only be dead ones. *Whew!*

Well, time to make dinner. Still waiting for the husband to get home from work. Terriyaki chicken over rice for dinner. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment