Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In Love...

So many people, at the beginning of a romantic relationship, get "tingles" and proclaim, "I'm in love!" I was really mulling over where the phrase "in love" comes from. What's the difference between "loving" and being "in love." I remember as an adolescent, I'd always tell people, "Being 'in love' is when you're passionately romantic, and in the honeymoon phase of your relationship, where 'love' is the deep emotional connection you share with your partner.


Today, I was looking back on that advice that I had given, and I realized something: that may be the worldly perspective on love, however, I think God has something different in mind. The way people fall in and out of love is like the rolling of the tides. It's so easy to do.


The Bible tells us to "in love" point out eachother's flaws, and "in love" do acts of kindness, and "in love" speak words of goodness. To me, this gives new meaning to being "in love." As Christians we need to be "in love" with everyone we interact with. With that being the case, how much more do we need to act "in love" with our spouses?


If we first act in love, we will then feel "in love." Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment